Information We Collect And Receive
MURAL may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data ("Other Information") in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer ("Authorized Users") routinely submit Customer Data to MURAL when using the Services.
- Other Information.MURAL also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
Workspace and Account Information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply MURAL with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. your first name, last name, email address, and company name (if applicable).
MURAL will collect billing and payment information which may include your credit card number, billing address, and other payment related information ("Billing Information"). Billing Information is collected and processed by our third-party payment processor operating as our agent. MURAL does not directly obtain or process any Billing Information.
- Usage Information.
- Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Workspace. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Workspace. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with MURAL. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to MURAL to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to MURAL. When a Third Party Service is enabled, MURAL is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to MURAL in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. For example, you may choose to sign-in using your Google, or your company identity provider account. By signing-in using your Third Party account, the Third Party will supply MURAL any and all information that you have authorized the Third Party to provide to us. Such information may include your first and last name, unique identifier, e-mail address and picture. If you would like to know more about 3rd parties or any other information about them, you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. MURAL may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Mural. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in an activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with MURAL.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information"). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services .
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by MURAL in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. MURAL is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
MURAL uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, MURAL uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. MURAL tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications.We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about MURAL. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters.MURAL may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how MURAL may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and MURAL does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions.MURAL will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services.When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Workspace profile. Please consult email@example.com for more information on Services functionality.
- Collaborating with Others.The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Workspaces to collaborate. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Workspace(s).
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services.
- Third Party Services.Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Mural may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Mural and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Affiliates.MURAL may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Mural’s Business.If MURAL engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Mural’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Mural customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws.If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. Except as expressly permitted by the Contract or in cases of emergency to avoid death or physical harm to individuals, MURAL will only disclose Customer Data in response to valid and binding compulsory legal process. MURAL requires a search warrant issued by a court of competent jurisdiction (a federal court or a court of general criminal jurisdiction of a State authorized by the law of that State to issue search warrants) to disclose Customer Data. All requests by courts, government agencies, or parties involved in litigation for Customer Data disclosures should be sent to email@example.com. Requests should be prepared and served in accordance with applicable law. All requests should be narrow and focused on the specific Customer Data sought. All requests will be construed narrowly by MURAL, so please do not submit unnecessarily broad requests. MURAL will notify Customer before disclosing any of Customer’s Customer Data so that the Customer may seek protection from such disclosure, unless MURAL is prohibited from doing so or there is a clear indication of illegal conduct or risk of harm to people or property associated with the use of such Customer Data. If MURAL is legally prohibited from notifying Customer prior to disclosure, MURAL will take reasonable steps to notify Customer of the demand after the nondisclosure requirement expires. In case of international requests, MURAL requires that any individual issuing legal process or legal information requests (e.g., discovery requests, warrants, or subpoenas) to MURAL properly domesticate the process or request and serve MURAL in a jurisdiction where it is resident or has a registered agent to accept service on its behalf. MURAL does not accept legal process or requests directly from law enforcement entities outside the U.S. Foreign law enforcement agencies should proceed through a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty or other diplomatic or legal means to obtain data through a court where Mural is located.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety.To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of MURAL or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. MURAL may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
MURAL implements reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. MURAL is SOC 2 Type II compliant and will continue to be SOC 2 Type II compliant. MURAL conducts penetration tests and audits of its servers and networks every quarter.
Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Service may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Any unauthorized access to or use of this Service or information collected and maintained by this Service should be immediately brought to our attention by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of Customer Data and other information, please see our Security Page; we keep that document updated as these practices evolve over time.
International Data Transfers Privacy Shield And Contractual Terms
MURAL may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. Our servers are located in the US. If you are located outside of the US, please be aware that any information provided to us, including personal information, will be transferred from your country of origin to the US. We deploy the following safeguards if Mural transfers Personal Data originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law:
- MURAL is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. We are committed to resolving complaints from EU and Swiss data subjects pursuant to the Recourse, Enforcement and Liability Principle.
- European Union Model Clauses.Mural offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating Model Clauses, is available by request at email@example.com.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
MURAL has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Your Data, Your Rights
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by MURAL , a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from Mural a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our Authorized Users or Customers.
Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this may have a negative influence on the quality of Mural Website or Services or even impede the provision of the Services . You further agree that MURAL shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Data if you choose to withdraw consent.
Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Mural’s legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. Pursuant to Article 27 of Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Tactivos Inc., DBA Mural has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR by sending an email to email@example.com, using EDPO’s online request form, or writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium.