By the end of 2023, 39% of knowledge workers will work hybrid — up from 37% in 2022, Gartner reports. As organizations adapt to this shift, many are reevaluating their technology investments and adopting new ways of working. That includes investing in digital collaboration solutions that integrate with their current tech stacks and workflows, while also adhering to strict security and compliance requirements.
For enterprises using Microsoft products, Mural is the clear solution for collaboration. More than a digital whiteboard, Mural gives teams everything they need to work together in a flexible, inclusive collaboration space. In this blog post, we'll detail how Mural, a trusted Microsoft partner, offers enterprise-grade security features and integrations to help hybrid organizations meet their security and compliance objectives.
Read on to learn how:
- Mural’s enterprise-grade features provide greater visibility, security, and control over a company’s use of Mural.
- Mural is dedicated to helping enterprises build scalable, secure ways of working that integrate with their current tools and workflows.
- Our partnership, certifications, and shared roadmap with Microsoft make Mural the undisputed choice for Microsoft customers.
Your partners in enterprise collaboration
Not only does Mural offer seamless integrations with Microsoft products, we also have a close strategic partnership and shared roadmap that prioritizes Microsoft customers’ needs.
- Seamless integrations with Microsoft 365: Bring Mural into your existing workflows using our powerful integrations with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and Office. Learn more.
- Azure DevOps integration: Improve agility, streamline workflows, and save developer time. Learn more.
- Co-built roadmap with Microsoft: A shared roadmap means Mural and Microsoft are committed to developing the best solutions for our customers.
- Simplify procurement: You have the option to purchase Mural through the Azure Marketplace, centralizing procurement and contributing to your Minimum Azure Consumption Commitments (MACC).
- Built-in security and compliance: Comprehensive security and compliance are built into the Mural platform and its integrations with Microsoft products.
"Mural and Microsoft together are a huge part of our collaboration stack. Separately, they've been an integral part of how we empower our hybrid workforce — so now that they've come together in one streamlined interface, it's a game-changer."
- Erik Gottesman, VP, Agile Program Management, Publicis Sapient
Collaborate with confidence with the Mural App for Microsoft Teams
Enterprise organizations use the Mural App for Microsoft Teams to bring a shared collaboration space directly into any channel, chat, meeting invite, or live video meeting while ensuring their data remains secure.
Mural won the most recent Apps and Solutions for Microsoft Teams 2022 Microsoft Partner of the Year Award. This award honors a top Microsoft partner for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology.
“Organizations today want a collaborative space for ideation and co-creation that can support teamwork regardless of location and in real-time or asynchronously... We are pleased Mural’s bringing its full visual collaboration capabilities into the Microsoft ecosystem to create new customer collaboration experiences.”
- Ben Summers, Director of Teams Product Marketing, Microsoft
Mural is also the only visual collaboration solution to be awarded the Microsoft 365 Certification, which assures customers that Mural has been reviewed against a comprehensive set of security and compliance standards. This certification is an endorsement from Microsoft that the Mural App for Microsoft Teams is trusted and has stringent security in place to reduce risk.
“Microsoft 365 Certification assures customers that an app has been reviewed against a comprehensive set of security and compliance controls. We are pleased to see Mural awarded with the Microsoft 365 Certification badge, demonstrating their commitment to protect customer data on the Microsoft Teams platform.”
- Yaron Hezroni, Principal Group Product Manager for Teams Ecosystem, Microsoft
Securely manage Mural access with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
Easily manage access to Mural using our integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). The integration allows automatic provisioning and deprovisioning of Mural members using SCIM, as well as single sign-on (SSO) with Azure AD. IT teams have complete control over who can access Mural, all from within the Azure portal.
Collaborating with clients, partners, and other external stakeholders? We know this makes access management even more complex. Mural allows enterprises to require two-factor authentication (2FA) for guests not on SSO, so you can provide an added layer of security to the authentication flow.
Enterprise-grade security across the board
Mural provides visibility, security, and control over your data. In addition to our integrations with Microsoft products, Mural maintains active SOC 2 Type 2, ISO 27001, and ISO 9001 certifications, has achieved the FedRAMP “In Process” designation, and complies with all GDPR and CCPA regulations.
Wrapping it up
It’s a no-brainer: Mural is the clear choice for security-conscious Microsoft shops. Purpose-built for the enterprise, Mural has the features, integrations, services, and support that hybrid teams demand in this new era of work. With a shared roadmap and 10+ years of investment from Microsoft, we set the standard for digital whiteboards and collaboration platforms.
Ready to learn how Mural can support your organization? Contact sales now.
About the author
About the authors