Tool for creating a shared understanding of why a change is happening and what will be different for the audiences it will impact.
Why do we use it?
The change narrative is an elevator pitch for non-technical audiences. It creates a shared understanding of why the change is occurring and what will be different for impacted audiences.
- Key messages and rationale for change
- Baseline language and terminology that will be used in project communications
- How we will deploy
- Who will be impacted and what might be expected of them
When do we use it?
- Should be developed early in project initiation to inform engagement and impact.
- It can also be used for working group kick-off sessions or stakeholder engagement.
- Supports planning & execution phases by informing the learning and communication plans.
- It can be added to the change impact assessment to set the context for impacts.