MURAL Product Changes
Welcome to MURAL's list of product changes!
- 🙌 New Features
- 💪 Enhancements
- 🐛 Bugs
June 21, 2018
Facilitator superpowers enabled for everyone and smooth Zooming
- 🙌 Facilitator Superpowers are enabled for everyone!
- 🙌 we also are running an AB test in production where we ask workspace creators which category best reflects their work, and show them the corresponding templates when they sign up.
- 🙌 Want to work at an optimal scale? Go back to 100% level faster by hitting the diamond hint at the center of the slider.
- 🙌 Faster zoom, without compromising in precision, for both mouse and trackpad.
- 💪 Manual timer input has a muuuuch better interaction now!
- 💪 Zooming in and out with ⌘+ ⌘- now works on Firefox!
- 💪 New and redesigned url editor for images and links toolbar.
- 💪 We have a much nicer animation for the top-bar when entering and exiting drawing mode.
- 💪 You will see a visual feedback of the current selected element's attributes on its toolbar sub-menus.
- 💪 Arrows are back in the mini-map.
- 🐛 Grouping groups could mess up the order in which the elements where original set to.
- 🐛 Some sticky notes didn't have the correct text color when exported.
- 🐛 The mural would hung up forever when trying to paste some files from one mural to another.
- 🐛 Dark sticky notes shouldn't have white border, and it has been fixed.
- 🐛 Hitting
Dover a selected text element used to open drawing mode.
- 🐛 Double click to create a sticky on top of a locked element wasn't working.
- 🐛 Already existing textboxes were showing a wrong bounding box size.
- 🐛 Text was being cut off when typing across the app in Internet Explorer.
- 🐛 You were getting disconnected when updating a mural after being idle from some minutes.
- 🐛 There was no pencil cursor while drawing on Edge.
- 🐛 We killed some other tiny bugs.
May 31, 2018
Zooming improvements, drawing released for Microsoft Teams, and removed intro video
- 🙌 Is everything tiny or am I too far away? Never doubt about your zoom level again. Check it out at any moment in the navigation panel, go back to the default scale, and forget about enlarging all the element to fit your current viewport.
- 🙌 Enter draw mode released for Microsoft teams murals.
- 💪 Enjoy the extra precision and smoothness when zooming. The canvas won't "jump" anymore between zoom levels when you are trying to see the whole picture.
- 💪 Changing title's font color is way easier than before. You can change it with just one click, since it is not nested in the Formatting menu anymore.
- 💪 Participants will see feedback to let them know the time has ended
- 💪 Better, cleaner spacing between icons in the topbar for people who have the timer
- 💪 Workspace avatar used to require
Save changesbutton confirmation. Now it auto saves.
- 💪 Disabled avatar upload for Single Sign On users. Some clients which had no avatar on their SSO system, could not have a custom avatar because it was being overridden with
emptyevery time they logged in.
- 💪 Removed the "download data" option from user's profile. Now it will have to be a mail request.
- 💪 Partial Members should not see "Room Members" icon. We removed it.
- 🐛 Leaving a workspace and entering again duplicated a personal room.
- 🐛 Grayed value on weeks active in last 3 months. When there's a value, it shouldn’t be gray.
- 🐛 File preview weren't rendering to collaborators after the mural was duplicated.
- 🐛 Some icons where showing with different colors on exports.
- 🐛 Pasting a link from InVision to a mural ended up changing the link.
- 🐛 Viewport used to breaks after being automatically moved by a text box when typing.
- 🐛 Sometimes pasting an image from one mural to another didn't work.
- 🐛 Double clicking on a locked image wasn't creating a new sticky note.
- 🐛 Killed some other tiny bugs.
- 🐛 Using the toggles to add or remove minutes after manual input works as expected
- 💻 We keep improving mural-image stability and performance.
- ⚗ Removed the intro video for workspace creators and replaced it with a callout that suggests starting with a template (Results: we're sticking with the no-video version!)
May 18, 2018
Drawing for Everyone, facilitation tweaks, usage stats, and Noun Project icons full collection
- 🙌 You can now draw on the web! Use this feature to quickly annotate your murals. Use D as a shortcut to annotate faster.
- 🙌 Find the perfect icon for your mural ✨. When searching for icons by keyword in the sidebar, scroll to the bottom of the results list to load even more.
- 🙌 Usage activity in workspace members page (weeks active in last 3 months)
- 💪 You can manually input a time for the timer (no more clicking
+to get to 30 mins!)
- 💪 Anyone who creates a mural will be marked as a facilitator by default
- 💪 Made some improvements to the way the timer calculates timeink to this Widget”
- 💪 Creating wireframes is now way easier! You can make icons, shapes and titles smaller to fit your current layout without having to resize your diagram's scale.
- 💪 Performance used to reduce drastically when selecting and moving multiple elements in a mural. It shouldn't lag so much anymore.
- 💪 All sidebar tabs look nicer and more polished.
- 💪 It was really hard to add a link to an image. Now the default link is selected once opened so it is easier to paste a new one.
- 💪 Added compression to drawing paths. This should reduce mural sizes considerably. Please alert if you see something unexpected when working with inking or drawing stickies (like loosing previous drawings, etc).
- 💪 Searching icons by keyword shows our default icons along with the Noun Project library results.
- 💪 Arrange By Type also takes into account sticky's shape (circle, 3x3, 3x5)
- 🐛 On Mural member’s list, the bulk delete option tooltip said “remove from workspace”... which was a bit misleading. Modified that to “remove selected”.
- 🐛 When an alert appeared in the dashboard, some titles were being overlapped.
Apr 26, 2018
Drawing internal release + invite links are back in murals
- 🙌 New invitation link inside murals.
- 🙌 Internal release - Added drawing to the web!
- 💪 Add time to the timer while it’s running (+1 minute and +5 minutes)
- 💪 Added an overlay that appears when you mark yourself or someone else marks you as a facilitator
- 💪 Changed the way we calculate time so that people can leave/ enter in the middle of time running
- 💪 Added more beautiful/ consistent messages for errors or no search results for the Frameworks, Icons and Images tabs
- 💪 Right clicking on a drawing will show “Link to this Drawing” instead of “Link to this Widget”
- 💪 Default navigation for anyone who enters in Mac will be trackpad mode
- 💪 Loading tips are now responsive
- 💪 Locked links can be opened with double click
- 💪 GH/JIRA educational callout
- 💪 Removed create free trial link when you come from anonymous screen
- 💪 Added loading/initial state for our left bar on dashboard
- 💪 Moved mural and move room refactor and integration tests
- 💪 After a long period of inactivity, murals will “disconnect” until the user comes back so we have more accurate usage metrics + a lighter load on the server
- 🐛 Images shouldn’t jump when they’re dragged anymore
- 🐛 When I invited someone trough a room link, it wouldn´t add all the defaults permissions
- 🐛 Checkboxes column are not well aligned in rooms and murals members lists
- 🐛 Grouping and ungrouping shapes no longer creates phantom elements
- 🐛 When you switch types of element, you won’t lose your cursor so you won’t have to re-enter edit mode
- 🐛 “All changes saved” feedback doesn’t appear on top of the Done Voting button in small screens
- 🐛 You can duplicate empty areas again
- 🐛 Arrows connected to elements in areas will also be duplicated when the area is duplicated
- 🐛 Typing with a group selected will no longer add a “ghost title”
- 🐛 The arrows to scroll through collaborators in a mural are working as expected (used to show an area when there were no more avatars to show)
- 🐛 Double clicking on a file or image during a voting session doesn’t open it in a new tab, it adds votes as expected
Apr 9, 2018
- 🙌 Find a join code in the Share menu to access the mural faster from any device. (Surface Hub)
- 🙌 Start collaborating right away! You can now join a Surface Hub mural by code. (Windows 10 Desktop)
Apr 9, 2018
- 🙌 Start collaborating right away! You can now join a Surface Hub mural faster by QR or code.
- 💪 Dashboard looks prettier on iPhone X.
- 💪 Areas and frameworks are now streaming title updates in real time.
- 🐛 As usual, we killed some bugs.
Apr 9, 2018
Facilitator, timer and brand new error messages
- 🙌 ⭐ Mark yourself as a facilitator in a mural (just for selected users)
- 🙌 ⭐ Basic timer (just for selected users)
- 🙌 ⭐ Summon participants (just for selected users)
- 💪 Improved feedback for the new Resize feature for sticky notes
- 💪 Widget menu dropdowns like the color palette will appear in front of the mini map instead of behind it
- 💪 Tweaked how we handle zooming in murals with 1000+ elements so it’s not as jumpy
- 💪 Re-organized how we load information to reduce loading time
- 💪 We shouldn’t count inactive guests in the number of total guests for existing limits
- 💪 Member CSV export doesn’t include “invited by” if someone generates a share link
- 💪 Teach workspace/rooms edu callouts
- 💪 Lot of tests for all our 11.000 invitation flows undefined
- 💪 Brand new error messages
- 🐛 Pressing function keys (Win) no longer replace text in selected text elements
- 🐛 When I move a mural from my personal room to another, I lose authorship of it.
- 🐛 Delete workspace button should be disabled when reason is empty
- 🐛 Search mural modal issues (close and murals in rooms)
Mar 21, 2018
Resize multiple sticky notes and Noun Project integration
- 🙌 Noun Project icons appear when searching in the icons section
- 🙌 You’re now able to make a selection of multiple sticky notes the same size
- 🙌 JIRA custom fields support
- 🙌 Add new sales flow to pay with CC with new plans and Accenture & Autodesk
- 🙌 If a company has a SSO, be able to setup optional default workspace
- 💪 Exports with Asian characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) will now appear in .png exports
- 💪 Made improvements to our zoom algorithm so that zooming works more smoothly in murals with lots of elements (1000+)
- 💪 The new user tutorial will auto-play when it opens
- 💪 Removed @mural.co from billing counting
- 💪 Improve guest flow - go to your workspace
- 🐛 Added a minimum size to groups so you couldn’t break them when you resize them
- 🐛 Improved sticky note code to resolve basic typing errors in FF
- 🐛 Improved comment code to fix issues with @mentions for once and for all
- 🐛 Fixed an old following minimum that didn’t consider 3X murals that were zoomed out all the way
- 🐛 Shapes with differently colored borders in the same selection show the correct icon in the toolbar
- 🐛 Pasting a group that contains a comment no longer breaks the mural
- 🐛 Links that have been made smaller will no longer show spirals when a border is
- 🐛 Wrong alert message position in Billing
- 🐛 Fix delete account flow
Mar 21, 2018
- 🙌 The mural supports all icons from the Noun Project library!
- 💪 The inking on a mural doesn't flicker anymore when you are done drawing it.
- 🐛 Widget toolbar wasn't responding to first touch.
- 🐛 The app doesn't freeze anymore when erasing inking with lots of strokes.
- 🐛 Arrange and align wasn't saving the final positions in the mural.
- 🐛 Killed some other tiny bugs.
Mar 21, 2018
- 🙌 The mural supports all icons from the Noun Project library! Use the web app to add them.
- 💪 Importing from Post-it Plus now show a loader so you don't miss any sticky while exporting a board.
- 🐛 Transparency wasn't rendering correctly on images and links.
- 🐛 We killed other bugs.
Feb 27, 2018
- 🙌 Check out some tips while the mural loads, so you can use the app like a pro!
- 🙌 You can now arrange and align elements that are inside free form areas.
- 💪 Waiting for the dashboard to load is now painless thanks to a brand new animation.
- 💪 The sign in screens look more polished than ever.
- 💪 You will be prompted with a warning in the future if you forget to update the app and are using a deprecated version.
- 🐛 Pasting some elements was making the app close.
- 🐛 Killed some other bugs.
- 💻 Added security to the mural sockets.
Feb 23, 2018
Open Rooms and Responsiveness
- 🙌 Rename Workspace rooms as Open rooms
- 💪 Pressing ctrl+s no longer applies the strikethrough for selected elements (people were applying it accidentally thinking they were saving)
- 💪 You can undo “switch to grid” in areas and the area will regain it’s freeform layout and dimensions
- 💪 Switch type is disabled for groups of elements
- 💪 Removed the antique “this mural has been migrated” callout
- 💪 Made the mural topbar is responsive
- 💪 Dropdown menus from the widget toolbar will adjust to they're always inside the viewport
- 💪 I no longer lose the order of sticky notes in a row when I switch to from a freeform to a grid area
- 💪 Bring back the mural owner in the search results
- 💪 Move room backend refactor (fixes)
- 💪 Reset password UI is not responsive
- 💪 Add ellipsis for long names in share room
- 💪 New confirm account email
- 💪 Create password should lead to dashboard
- 🐛 Formatting (bold, underlined, italic) is always respected when switching from a text box to a sticky note
- 🐛 Pasting links with
@in the url works as expected, no longer pastes sticky notes
- 🐛 Fixed an embed.ly error - pasting in all links should now work as expected (i.e. https://www.ibm.com/design/)
- 🐛 Gifs are properly downloaded as .gif files instead of as .pngs
- 🐛 Any mural member can edit the title of a mural they belong to vs. just from Mural Settings
- 🐛 Deleted shapes feedback shows up properly in the Activity Feed
- 🐛 Synchronize room member count
- 🐛 Share dropdown misalignment
- 🐛 Fix delete account flow